Friday, September 28, 2007

Mrs. Laura Michelle Mendonça´s first blog

Welcome friends and family once again, to my Blog! I hope to do a better job this time round of keeping you updated on our happenings here in Portugal. So much has happened in the last few weeks and months! I am now officially a married women, quit my job, went on an amazing honeymoon (see following blog for more details!), moved to a new country, and am currently studying a new language and hoping to get a new job soon! Whew! Talk about changes.
Despite these changes, life has been wonderful. Bruno and I enjoyed a lovely 3 weeks with Mom and Dad here in Portugal. We had a great reception here with family and friends on September 9th. Mom and Dad were quite popular and kept us with a busy schedule of visiting friends and family every night. It was really special to have them here and see all the things that will be a part of our daily lives here, including our house (that we are now renting) and our soon to be home that is still in the finishing stages of being built.
My darling husband is back to work at the City Hall where he is the computer programmer. I have already had a successful job interview to teach english to companies around Lisbon, but we are still waiting for my Visa papers to be processed....which is fine by me...it gives me more time to play house wife at home, study some portuguese, plan english lessons, and play with our new Bimby (see later postings about this amazing machine!).
So please keep yourselves updated on my blog, come here anytime....and send me lots of emails. I miss and love you all at home, but I hope this will help to close the distance that we have between us....

Love and prayers,

Laura Mendonça (Gee...its fun to write that)

No comments: