Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Job Prospects

The one thing that we didnt really take care of before I moved here was a job....it was too complicated applying to jobs while I was out of the country, so we decided to leave it in God´s hands and hope for the best when I arrived here.
Well, God has been faithful so far. I have had a job interview for teaching english to different companies, and the interview went well. They have offered me a job of teaching for a few hours a week. This is good news....the bad news is that it is in Lisbon, which is a hard place to get to considering traffic and parking fees. So we are still waiting on that option.
Yesterday, I made a random phone call to a language school in a town called Mafra - which is very close to where we live now. They had no job postings, but I thought I would call anyways. Good thing I did! I now have a job interview for Thursday at this school. Pray with us that this one works out well....becuase it would be sooooo great location wise and experience wise.

Stay tuned....I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will keep on praying for you Laura!

FYI you are missed greatly by our TTR team! Thanks again for all of the wisdom and motivation you provided me when I came to know Christ personally! I will never forget that!

Lets keep praying for Darfur, things recently took a turn for the worst but lets keep hope for this new peacekeeping force!

God Bless!

Terry

ps. very nice wedding photo's