Thursday, October 11, 2007

Job Update

As a lot of you know, I had a job interview to teach english at a school in a town called Mafra, which is not too far from where we are living now. At the end of the interview I was told that for the classes they have at the moment, they would like someone who speaks more portuguese. However, they would keep me on file.
Then I got a call on Tuesday of this week....from the same school, asking me to come in again on Wed. So yesterday (wed) I went and to my surprise I was given a rather intensive Portuguese test, both written and oral.
The result, well, they still concluded I need to know more portuguese, specifically classroom Portuguese like grammar and such. I agreed with them, I was just a bit confused why we went through the riga-mo-roll of me writing the test. Turns out, they must like me becuase they want me to come in once a week for a few hours to take portuguese lessons, with the goal that by the end of the month I will be able to teach.
Needless to say, this is a bit intimidating for me, yet I guess they are investing more in this goal than I am...either way I will be learning more portuguese, and I now have the prospect of a job at the end of the month.

Keep praying for me! :)

No comments: